October 30 in the Republic of Abkhazia is the Remembrance Day of victims of political repressions. The monument to victims of political repressions in the square in front of the Parliament was visited by the relatives of the repressed, the President of the Republic of Abkhazia Alexander Ankvab, Speaker of the Parliament Vladimir Bganba, Prime Minister Leonid Lakerbaia, head of the Presidential Administration Beslan Kubrava, First Deputy Prime Minister I. Vardania, Deputy Prime Ministers B. Eshba, V. Delba and A. Stranichkin, leadership and personnel of the Abkhazian Foreign Ministry, members of Parliament, members of the Cabinet of Ministers. They laid flowers to the monument.
- Mass grave dating back to Stalinist repressions found in Dagestan
- Stalin and His Hangmen: The Tyrant and Those Who Killed for Him, by Donald Rayfield
- Documents from the KGB archive in Sukhum. Abkhazia in the Stalin years, by Rachel Clogg
- The Stalin-Beria Terror in Abkhazia, 1936-1953, by Stephen D. Shenfield
- Abkhazia Remembers the Victims of Political Repressions
- The Great Terror in Abkhazia (Abkhaz ASSR, 1937 - 1938) Vol. I - II - III
- Surviving Stalin and Beria: how Abkhazian radio shaped the national worldview
- In Sukhum a monument has been set up to the victims of the political repressions of the 1930-40s.